Monday, January 28, 2013

Be, being, bing!


“We can’t study being because we’re always becoming”
If I had a dime for every time I tried to think my way out of this statement. I’ve always wanted to figure out a way to perfectly record my favorite memories but because I’m constantly caught up in creating the memories. It’s like the moment when someone tells you to put down the camera and enjoy life.
This is turning my brain into putty. How can we study anything if we have to recognize that it’s constantly changing? How does one observe something if that something is never going to be the same thing twice. This is like the philosophy class I took in my freshman year.
It also amazes me to know that our brains consciously react and deal with the fact that we have and are changing in every second. Ten minutes ago I was not the person I am not. I am a recording of acts and feelings and these feelings cannot be duplicated.
I wonder if the solution to this idea is only to accept it. If that is the solution, then what are the consequences to it.
Some reactions to these revelations:



No comments:

Post a Comment