Monday, March 25, 2013

Power and Control, I'm gonna make you fall...

The title to this post is from a song by Marina and the Diamonds. If you haven't heard of them, GO... YOUTUBE... RIGHT NOW. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm a fan.

Natasha from Avengers said it best,

"Regimes fall everyday, I'm Russian, I tend not to weep for that."

Power changes. It is no solid foundation, but rather a liquid element that can be transferred from one person to another in the blink of an eye. The reason I quote the song is because it is about the power in a relationship.

The speaker is in a relationship in which she is the submissive personality, but she recognizes her dislike for such. So, she plans to make the other person "fall" as in, she plans to take their power through her femininity. I'm gonna get a little vulgar here and say, I have a vagina, so I'm all about female empowerment. Especially in the world we live in.

A week ago or so, I saw a post on Tumblr and I wish I could find it again.
A survey was done on middle school students in which they were asked what their reactions would be if they woke up to find that they had changed genders overnight.

The girls responded that they would be upset at first, but after a little bit they would be excited about exploring the possibilities of the world as a boy/man.

More than 90% of the boys replied that they would kill themselves.

If you can't figure out that that is screwed up, you should probably leave now.

Males have the power. Not always, but most of the time. In fact, the popular Facebook page titled, "I Fucking Love Science" (which I happen to follow, because the posts are really educational) has recently come into spotlight because the admin for the page is female.

Any sane person says so what? The general public says, "WHAAAT FEMALES CAN BE SCIENTIFIC AND SMART? NOOOOOO!"

I kid you not. The link is below.

http://hellogiggles.com/i-f-ing-love-science-facebook-run-by-a-girl-many-idiots-are-surprised

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the media shitstorm that surrounded the Steubenville rape case and this years election has raised a response from women everywhere. Below is a link to a post from the twitter hashtag #safetytipsforladies. It parodies the ridiculous advice that is given to women these days in order to avoid rape. Not to get off topic here, but how about instead of focusing on how to avoid rape we focus on teaching our children that rape in any way or fashion IS WRONG.

End Rape Culture.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c605d11a21c325bd6c2c763050a57517/tumblr_mjy0aj2ZoA1qcri9fo1_500.jpg

Okay. I'm done with my soap box for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment