Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hermione Granger and the Mudblood struggle



Even though there were only a select group of people that  believed that pure  bloods were better, you can still compare it to the Marxist idea of the bourgeoisie and proletariat because it is the select few "righteous" people overpowering those who were seemingly not worthy.  If these people had their way, the mudbloods were be treated inhumanly because they were not worthy to be practicing magic.  They were viewed as below the purebloods because of their heritage and long history of wizards and witches. 



Draco Malfoy: No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood! 

-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 


Draco: "I got the idea of poisoning the mead from the Mudblood Granger, as well, I heard her talking in the library about Flich not recognizing potions..."

Dumbledore: "Please do not use that offensive word in front of me."

Draco: "You care about me saying "mudblood" when I'm about to kill you?"

Dumbledore: "Yes, I do."

-Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment